Page 1 - Reviews - Wilderness Poets LLC, Freeze Dried Elderberry Powder, 3.5 oz (99g) - iHerb
GR

Posted on Aug 10, 2021

I always prefer my supplements to be in powder form than syrups as there are no artificial sweeteners, preservatives and other fillers. And when it comes to Elderberry, this is one of the few brand out there that provides organic powdered form and it's super affordable! 1 bag is equivalent to a month + of supply for me as I take them daily and sometimes twice a day. Coming to the benefits of elderberry, it has been shown to increase cytokine up to 44%, this in short means it activates your immune system. KEEP IN MIND: Never consume raw elderberry as they contains cyanide which can cause some digestive problems. When it's process and turn in supplements, the cyanide is completely removed. Elderberry is also high in anthocyanin (nothing to do with cyanide) which is also a remedy for viruses. I highly recommended elderberries in our daily stack! Health is wealth, take care everyone and remember to give me a thumbs up! Cheers!

Posted on Aug 13, 2021

I normally add this in my smoothie. I'm the type of person that extra mucus will be produced if I drink cold drink. If I add the elderberry powder, it can prevent the situation from occurring as I tried before drinking my smoothie without adding the powder. For me, it works!

Posted on Jun 4, 2022

Great high quality product. I love the elderberry powder, the taste is great but also the health benefits are amazing. I use it in smoothies mostly, but in winter I even add half a teaspoon to my tea and it adds a great flavor I love it. The shipping is fast.

Posted on Feb 18, 2022

I purchased this product because of the quality (no fillers) and the potential health benefits. I mix 1 teaspoon in 8-10 oz of hot water for Elderberry tea daily. The taste is mild, it smells fruity and the color is beautiful. It's a great way to add elderberry to your daily routine to strengthen your immune system.

Posted on Jun 10, 2022

Dark purple fine powder with a slightly sour taste. I wanted to use it with my granola breakfast on top of the yogurt but it gave me a pretty harsh stomach ache. I might be allergic or sensitive to it unfortunately. I really hoped it would be a nice supplement boost to my diet 😞

Posted on Mar 26, 2022

It works only with zinc supplements and only as a mild alleviation for flu. I feel like camu camu is better because you get healthier faster. Also, be careful, and follow the dosage on the package to a t. Elderberry contains cyanide so if you consume too much of it you'll get nausea, horrid headache and diarrhea.

Posted on Oct 25, 2021

I was excited for this product after reading the benefits. The quality of the product itself seems good but I had a hard time adjusting to the taste. Also, similar to another reviewer, I have felt nauseous after taking it; I just mixed it with water, I used maybe half a teaspoon. I have also tried taking it a few different ways to try and make it more palatable. I sprinkled some on my ice cream which helped but there's definitely a distinct taste. The packaging is good with a resealable top.

Posted on Jun 29, 2022

Love this powder! I use it to make elderberry syrup with honey for my kids. It shortens the length of their colds and they love the taste. Way better for them than traditional cold medicine.

Posted on Apr 23, 2022

I'm really happy with the experience buying with IHERB for the first time. fast shipping. they have quality products. clean ingredients. love the packeging. I like the taste of the elderberry.

Posted on Mar 17, 2022

Thank you for this very high quality product, it adds great health benefits and a wonderful color to my daily protein smoothie! Great price, too!