GR

Posted on Oct 13, 2021

L-phenylalanine is an essential amino acid crucial to maintaining your health. Essential means that your body can’t manufacture that amino acid by itself; you have to get it from foods or supplements. L-Phenylalanine can be a highly effective nootropic for boosting cognitive function because it boosts norepinephrine and dopamine production. It may help in increased attention, motivation and working memory, executive function, creative flow states, stress reduction, better mood, anti-anxiety and lessens symptoms of ADHD. Phenylalanine is commonly used for a skin disorder that causes white patches to develop on the skin (vitiligo).

Posted on Jul 16, 2022

I bought these to be taken alongside 5-HTP, they compliment each other. I have found the quality of this Now product high, as has been other products I have bought from them. I think having taken 5-HTP on its own before, adding these has improved the benefit to my mood, The price was very good too and delivery was on time and clear to understand. I have noticed no side effects, but of course I appreciate that some people might feel ‘activated’ by them. The package is easy to open and use.

Posted on Nov 16, 2021

Greatly improves the mood. Quite strong effect. More energy and I think quality is great. It has a bit of an acidic after taste but that’s is natural. Size of the pills are small side of medium. The ingredient phenylalanine will elevate your mood. That’s a fun benefit.

I've noticed some anecdotal evidence that a lot of males tend to say that they prefer Tyrosine over Phenylalanine. I don't know if it's a difference between male and female chemistry but I (being female) get a significantly better benefit from Phenylalanine. I've kept both on hand for many years and have tried numerous times to use Tyrosine (since it's "supposed" to be more effective at increasing dopamine) but it just doesn't have the same effect for me as Phenylalanine. I used Phenylalanine for mood stabilization and low dopamine, it's probably the most effective supplement I've ever used for this purpose. It was a huge help in overcoming post-partum depression (nothing else worked - even encapsulated placenta didn't work) with my youngest child and since then I use it at various times throughout my cycle. Tyrosine only ever made me really hungry and made my skin oily, but Phenylalanine actually helps my mood and motivation. I think since Phenylalanine is the first in a long chain of chemical reactions that this is the reason it benefits me most, it's giving me whatever I need along the way versus the shorter Tyrosine pathway. That's my theory anyway, but I'm not an expert. This is the only brand I've ever used for Phenylalanine and I get great results from it so I believe it to be good quality.

Posted on Jun 17, 2022

I felt the change after one day of taking this! It is working to make me feel better. I’ve been suffering kind of depression over 15 years and this helps.

tontubut
Posted on May 30, 2022

I take 1 in the morning and again in the afternoon . Working a high stress job, this gives me the get up and go I need to make it thru the day, everyday. I recommend it.

Posted on Nov 23, 2021

It was prescribed by a doctor for a 5-year-old child. The child takes the L-Phenylalanine with great pleasure, there is no allergic reaction.

Posted on Oct 17, 2021

I decided to switch from DL-Phenylalanine to this one for a change. I didnt notice any difference in effect. So far still good to keep me going at one tablet a day with vitamin B complex. Helps me to be more alert and energetic.

Posted on Nov 8, 2021

I've been buying from iherb for over a decade and have roughly calculated that I've spent many thousands of dollars on supplements to help with fatigue. Its not in question whether this particular supplement is legitimate, good quality, pure and of a good brand. I am open to all that being true. Though, I can only tell you my experience. That is, I didn't notice any difference in my health and well-being as a result of taking this supplement either for a few days or for many weeks. Actually, one of the very few noticeably effective supplements I've ever bought from iHerb and will continue to buy is Thorne Advanced Nutrients multivitamin. I surprisingly do feel better, more alert, more charged and energised within an hour of taking 2-3 capsules, which is less than half the recommended dose. This is a very rare result for me. Please like my review if you found it helpful.

Posted on Sep 5, 2022

I randomly found it while browsing iHerb and thought I'd give it a try. It should help with sleep and mood control and I think I do benefit from it. It might just be me hoping for it but as long as it works...