Page 1 - Reviews - Doctor's Best, High Absorption Vitamin C with PureWay-C, 500 mg, 60 Tablets - iHerb
GR

Posted on Mar 13, 2022

I'm really pleased with this vitamin c. it's supposed to be easier to absorb (vitamin c should be taken on an empty stomach) and this one doesn't hurt my stomach at all! has a bit of a tang to it if you hold it in your mouth for more than a second but other than that it's great!

90c1c130-4c61-4530-866c-a947df0ca2a2
3261f0bf-60ff-47b8-a2a1-f24598abbfab
Posted on Jul 12, 2021

You can always count on this company to supply excellent products. My daughter's sensitive stomach cannot tolerate most forms of vit. C and yet she needs it at times of illness. This one seemed to be the only one that she could tolerate, because of the way it is bonded to a fat and then sustained-release, too.

Posted on Jul 28, 2021

I take PurewayC instead Liposomal VitaminC because i got affected to my budget by Covid-19. I think PurewayC is very good. I will buy it again. ❣️🥳

Posted on Jan 28, 2022

Vitamin C is the base vitamin for everyone. I can't have fruit (cause it a lot of sugar) . then Vitamin C here is the way and yes it usefull with protein and build collagen base. and Immune for our body for this time need to be strong. Please click "Yes" 👍for my review if its helpful to you. Thank you:)

Posted on Dec 29, 2021

Posted on Nov 10, 2021

This was a product I purchased more than once. It was good. I particularly liked the time release aspect. After that I relied on my multi and other supplements for Vitamin C. Because of the pandemic worries and other issues, this year I tried and liked a California Gold Vitamin C which I am pleased with for now.

Posted on Aug 28, 2021

Good quality vitamin C that is value for money. I usually take 1 daily but my Dr has recommended to increase to 2 as I just underwent a knee surgery. It helps in my recovery too.

abad2185-8139-4b4d-94bb-5aadbf0705dd
Posted on Nov 20, 2021

I like VitaminC 500 mg in one capsule more than 1,000 mg. And i trusted this brand. Good for immune system support , antioxidants , brighter skin and non acidic. Good quality of VitaminC. 👍🍊🍊

Posted on Jun 1, 2022

There are many forms of vitamin C available (ascorbic acid, sodium ascorbate, calcium ascorbate, liposomal vitamin C, etc.) but there is no compelling evidence that one is much better than another. For instance, natural vitamin C, such as from rose hips, is the exact same compound, L-ascorbic acid, found in most synthetic vitamin C supplements. One hundred percent absorption efficiency is observed when ingesting vitamin C at doses up to 200 mg at a time. Higher doses (>500 mg) result in fractionally less vitamin C being absorbed as the dose increases. Once plasma vitamin C concentrations reach saturation, additional vitamin C is largely excreted in the urine. Therefore, we should pay attention to the quantity, not just the quality. To be sure you're getting the daily requirement of vitamin C, a supplement providing roughly 50 mg to 100 mg of vitamin C is sufficient for most adults and is quite safe. Clinical trials published in the April 21, 1999 issue of the Journal of the American Medical Association. It concluded that 200 mg a day is the maximum amount of vitamin C that human cells can absorb, making higher dosing on a daily basis pointless. Be aware however, that taking more than 500 mg of vitamin C per day on a regular basis (which will saturate your blood with vitamin C) may increase your risk of developing cataracts (the clouding of the lens of your eye), and taking more than 1,000 mg per day may also increase your risk of kidney stones. Diarrhea can result from a single dose of more than 2,000 mg for an adult and lower amounts for children. Also pay attention that as vitamin C is an acid, products formulated as capsules or tablets may be safer for your teeth than high-dose liquids, powders (mixed into liquids), chewables, or gummies. Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA) for Vitamin C (mg/day) Life Stage Age Males Females Infants 0-6 mths 40 (AI) 40 (AI) Infants 7-12 mths 50 (AI) 50 (AI) Children 1-3 years 15 15 Children 4-8 years 25 25 Children 9-13 years 45 45 Adolescents 14-18 years 75 65 Adults >19 years 90 75 Smokers >19 years 125 110 Pregnancy <18 years - 80 Pregnancy >19 years - 85 Breast-feed <18 years - 115 Breast-feed >19 years - 120 (AI) Adequate Intake. Established by the Food and Nutrition Board of the US Institute of Medicine.

946a1a2b-23ad-4907-a2a9-7a824faf68d4
Posted on May 21, 2022

Doctor's Best use a reliable source of Vitamin C . Vitamin C is said to help the immune system. I like Doctor’s Best as I feel confident that the ingredients are what they say they are.